domingo, noviembre 06, 2005

Writing induced stupor

Lou Reed never meant so much to me, but this song would pound in the background as my feet would hit the pavement in the very same town that I am trying to recreate. I am writing, I am writing, I am drunk on the sensation of creating. It is an addiction, and I don't know if I want to come down.

I don’t know just where I’m going
But I’m goin’ to try for the kingdom if I can
’cause it makes me feel like I’m a man
When I put a spike into my vein
Then I tell you things aren’t quite the same

When I’m rushing on my run
And I feel just like jesus’ son
And I guess I just don’t know
And I guess that I just don’t know

I have made very big decision
I’m goin’ to try to nullify my life
’cause when the blood begins to flow
When it shoots up the dropper’s neck
When I’m closing in on death

You can’t help me not you guys
All you sweet girls with all your sweet talk
You can all go take a walk
And I guess I just don’t know
And I guess I just don’t know

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago
I wish that I’d sailed the darkened seas
On a great big clipper ship
Going from this land here to that
I put on a sailor’s suit and cap

Away from the big city
Where a man cannot be free
Of all the evils in this town
And of himself and those around
Oh, and I guess I just don’t know
Oh, and I guess I just don’t know

Heroin, be the death of me
Heroin, it’s my wife and it’s my life
Because a mainer to my vein
Leads to a center in my head
And then I’m better off than dead

When the smack begins to flow
Then I really don’t care anymore
About all the jim-jims in this town
And everybody putting everybody else down
And all of the politicians makin’ crazy sounds
All the dead bodies piled up in mounds, yeah

Wow, that heroin is in my blood
And the blood is in my head
Yeah, the god’s good as dead
Ooohhh, God that I’m not aware
I just don’t care
And I guess I just don’t know
And I guess I just don’t know

5 Comments:

Blogger andro said...

I just hope that I could see some of that writting. Share that poisonous fruit, will ya!

2:27 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

na nai... not for public consumption;) too poisonous.

8:46 a.m.  
Blogger andro said...

That is so unfair. Don't be mean, first you get pregnant and you suggest that may be I'm the father and then you don't let me meet the child.

Women!

(Check out my new blog. I want you to read it and tell what you think, if you are so kind. I really love to hear your opinion. Deal?)

1:28 p.m.  
Blogger L. YURÉ said...

Me he hiperventiscado (algo así como: hiperventilado en un ventisquero haciendo bizco)

3:56 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Ha! Quinto you are funny! Can't handle a little witholding?

Men! ;)

No, seriously, I am not sharing this until (if) it is finished, it is a rule that I made for myself... but there is no malice involved...

and, I took a peek at your other site... Whoa. I wanted to sit down and read it all in one fell swoop, but I am bound to this goal until the month's end. (No creas que no me muero de ganas... ) until then...
ánimo!

Yurecito, what? too much of a rush? Perhaps you are just drunk on baby-induced sleep deprivation?

9:07 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home