lunes, octubre 24, 2005

High fantasy

I should be shot. Or perhaps spanked? I am the worst, succumbing, of course, to buying I. a halloween costume to assuage her dress-up needs and cultural expectations of which I claim to not partake... even though she looks adorable in her renaissance style princess garb. And of course, I had to foment the shoe fetish that my child has already begun to demonstrate, black dress shoes, with black sequins...

Now, if I were Idealist Savant I could pull off wearing a tiara and transparent high heels of the cheap streetwalker variety (no aspersions being cast) but I am sadly not into lycra, leather nor lace... although... nah. So I guess my kiddo is going solo.

And I thought to myself, what does a master teacher/ mentor/ parent have that seems to elude me? Well, as we should all know, they model the behavior that they would like to see (hear) reproduced in their disciples. Lamentably, I have much to learn before I can model the appropriate ways to circumvent such pervasive cultural norms, or meet with self-desired expectations.

10 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

pos no es tan terrible... la prefiero vestida de cenicienta moderna (como la de la película que era más inteligente que el príncipe), que de briteny spears...

9:07 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

De super acuerdo... de hecho, dice que está como la protagonista de Labyrinth, vos te acordás de esa película con David Bowie? Está fascinada.

11:01 p.m.  
Blogger Jenny said...

Honey, your thing may not be a tiara or plastic "glass" slippers, but you own your style! Most little girls go through a princess phase, and some women never grow out of it! ;)

3:53 p.m.  
Blogger L. YURÉ said...

((((Grité de horror al leer: "I should be shot!"; a partir de dicha frase leí el resto con los ojos entrecerrados, como en las películas de Hitchcock))))

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

I.S. girlfriend, I hear you;)

Yuré: so you are healing from your "gun shot wound"? No temas por mí, la segunda opción me apeteció más;)

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger Floriella said...

Je je je, por supuesto! A good spanking is the solution!

9:46 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

No te digo Flor? tu mente anda por los arrabales;)

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Floriella said...

Sorry... que pena me dio...

9:48 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

era broma, Flor, vos, comparada conmigo, sos angelito:)

11:46 p.m.  
Blogger Floriella said...

No te creas... ja ja ja

8:32 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home