lunes, octubre 31, 2005

Tales from the crypt







Someone I know wanted to share some stories with the world, and I shall be her medium, without changing a single word.

One time on the day of the dead something horrible happened, on the day of the dead lots of people were dead, quite a few, there weren’t that many people left in that country, only four people.

The four names were Señora Lupe, y Señor Miguel, Señora Angela and Señor Angel. And those people were very very nice, except one of the people was very mean and very rich, and he never likes to share his money. His name was Señor Angel.
Do you know why he does not like to? Because one day his mother died and the day she died all the pennies were there, she had a hundred million pennies, and she had it because she wanted to be rich, and so why she wanted to be rich is that her father was never rich but, her father told her “be rich when you grow up, be a helpful girl”. So this is how she dies, she got very ill, she had pneumonia and that day she was about to get up to get all her pennies and her money out of the bank but it was too late, she fell and died.
That is the day that Angel had to come to her, but when he found out that she was really dead, it broke his heart because he really loved her. And then he really wanted money because he wanted to pay for another mom. So every day he forgot and snip snap the tale’s told out.

Una vez había un caldero y este caldero no era como los otros calderos porque si alguien se muere ese caldero va a poner ese muerto, niño o niña en él. Y, estaba ahí una vez un niñito caminando por el caldero. El caldero no sabía, no tenía orejas o algo más…

6 Comments:

Blogger andro said...

Ja, ja, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Very funny, tell the little kung-fu princess that she made laugh a lot. She even has a sense of tragedy like her mama.

Is that you, the dead bride? And what is that picture on your profile? You're baking my noodle with that one.

1:41 a.m.  
Blogger Solentiname said...

jejejejejejeje. A true halloween story y me la imagino haciendo todos los gestos y los ojos para darle efecto.

En otra línea de cosas, habrán de esos vestiditos que anda tu hija como de mi talla?

4:24 a.m.  
Blogger Oscar said...

Wow! She's quite the story teller. Yours is the task to channel all that talent.

On an unrelated note, I saw your new profile photo in Flickr and was puzzled as well. From what I can gather, my uneducated guess is that that photo depicts one of your frames of mind or moods, rather than just yourself. Did I get that right?

7:16 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Tugo: hija de su madre! exclaimed with a chilango accent! We've missed you around these parts, hope all is well!

Quinto: her sense of tragedy is much preferred to mine (ie it doesn't hurt). No, the bride n'est pas moi, though I often find that I feel like a putrefact one, it is my friend Ana. Ha! If you click on one of the Flickr pictures it will take you to my account... there are a whole slew of pictures of me, and if you read the caption of this one, you might, like Oscar, get an idea of what part of my naked body is being portrayed.

Sole: If there had been a dress like that my size, I actually would have considered dressing up... with flowers crowning my ringlets and everything, but alas, my shopping was last minute (because I hate to shop) and I was luck to find something for even her. (not that I am conflating your dress size with mine, oh long-legged one, just that there were only adult trampy vampire and china doll costumes left when I went to the store)

Oscar: She whipped those out right after we hung up. And, you are quite the smart boy (even if you are 10 years older than me) yes, I change my icon with a changing mood, but it is still me, even at an unexpected angle.

7:34 a.m.  
Blogger Floriella said...

I. looks absolutely beautiful in that dress!!!
I wanted to see you dressed up too, though... Maybe next year?
Hugs 4 u and the little one!

7:34 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

I don't dress up for the camera, I just undress for it;)

8:13 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home