miércoles, febrero 09, 2005

People are generally good...

I am avoiding work, for a few minutes but I need to decompress for a few moments. This four class thing is wupping my butt. Just trying to hold it together weekly is like band-aids upon a gushing wound.

But... some good things...

1) The Real Academia Española, the great Institution of Hispanic culture has accepted as a valid term "Matrimonio" when referring to either hetero or homosexual unions. Go RAE! It's just the f'ing puritanical bushwacking petrol bastards that are clinging to a bigoted tradition of privilege.

2) I spoke with author of play... and while a translation exists, it was never published (several years old) and she asked to see my work, encouraging me to continue my project... (Now I just have to be absolutely brilliant...)

3) First couples counseling... painful and hard but positive and a good step towards familial bliss... no? At least we can learn to be kinder to one another.

Ok. Pathetic showing indeed, but work and real life are absorbing all my time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Ilana, it's Laura E (just pretending to be anyonymous). I want to second Michael's comment. I wish I could give you a gentle slap on the hand and a piece of chocolate every time you refer to something in your responsibiliy-full life as pathetic, sweetie. The slap because, well, Don't Do That!, and the chocolate for the obvious reasons of escape and pleasure and mood-elevation - as well as energy! Yes: 1.), 2.), and 3.) are good things indeed.

8:14 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Thanks guys... I love you both... and it is nice to have you keeping me in line ;)

I forgot 4) mostly because it is not really anything to be proud of, but a nice perk...

International direct TV didn't work (thank god) because we don't have a south-facing direct line to God... but M. bought an antenna and now we have public television! and awful Univision so I can watch my favorite cheezy Mexican shows (if I ever have time to veg) and CBS. Three channels! and free!

8:52 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home