jueves, enero 27, 2005

Some days are definitely better than others!

Big smile painted across my countenance.

First. Love of my life, darling boy... you're back!!! I thought I had lost you S. Michael Wilson forever and there you are, in my inbox like a surprise bouquet or a box of chocolates (calorie-free, of course). I have to say that the idea of internet profiles on Friendster was dubious at best, however, not only has it proved to be an interesting way to destroy my sense of order in the world (crushing my heart but inspiring me to write again en el peor de los casos), it has also provided me with a few new friends in the area as well as a way to get in touch with old friends, like Mikey, por ejemplo. And the interesting thing is that you can see how many times people have been peeking in on you... truly reversible voyeurism, the best kind.

All these forgotten (or misplaced) memories are bubbling back to the top. Like the time that I ended up in the shower with cute metro boy named ???, just back from India, after a cast party at Mikey's parents house and the amazing oral sex that was mutually provided (I know, you didn't want to hear about that... sorry baby). Or the crazy nights in Sommerville or down by Central square and playing the ever-loving fag-hag...

Ok. enough inapropriateness. The other reason for self-pleasure (not in the gerund) is that I sent my first paper proposal out to a conference and it was accepted! So perhaps this will mean publication number 2? The real reason that I am psyched is that it is a paper on the play that I am translating and the author is also presenting at the conference, which means I will finally meet her! (reminding me that the first day I made up a profile she was listed as a person who I would like to meet in an alternate reality... in fact I don't believe in idol worship but if I did...)

I am feeling like life is ok, living day to day isn't so bad... I can't be responsible for long term goals and I am reminded that life brings happy surprises daily. I am taking the reins of my own happiness, and truly, the best feeling in the world is still holding a gorgeous little person on my lap, her soft cheek against mine, her baby hand, unconsciously slipped between my cleavage and my shirt, silky hair being stroked... Maybe this is all the happiness that there ever can be in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger ilana said...

Oral sex? With who? I think I've smoked too many bowls in my life...

And I had so hoped you could shed some light onto the mystery man's identity! And yes you have smoked far too many bowls in your life, but I doubt that has much to do with your not remembering this juicy episode. No, that night you kind of had a crush on this boy and we were vying for who got to spend the night playing. I won, clearly. You went downstairs to your basement to listen to Portishead in a drunken stupor and we continued our business... Maybe if I were to read through my old diaries I could find reference to said person... Too much work for now.

It's www.queercoyote.blogger.com I think.
I look forward to interacting with you...

It's good to have you back in my daily life again.
ditto!

As you'll see, I am going to see Ani in a couple of weeks... still miss our midnight Harvard square caterwalling sessions!

3:30 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home