jueves, octubre 20, 2005

Quotes of interest

Since I am too swamped to write anything worthwhile...

Two Rimas, enveloped in romanticism, for crying and one theoretical framing that is good for a laugh:

XXIII
Por una mirada un mundo;
por una sonrisa, un cielo,
por un beso..., ¡yo no sé
qué te diera por un beso!


XC
Es un sueño la vida,
pero un sueño febril que dura un punto;
cuando de él se despierta,
se ve que todo es vanidad y humo...

¡Ojalá fuera un sueño
muy largo y muy profundo;
un sueño que durara hasta la muerte!...
Yo soñaría con mi amor y el tuyo.

---Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer (1836-1870)

And from a pro-sex feminist radical: (aside, from this earlier movement, it would seem, there stems a movement which is snarkily referred to as "do-me feminism"... but I kinda like the idea myself;)

"My sexual semiotics differ from the mainstream. So what? I didn't join the feminist movement to live inside a Hallmark card."
---Pat Califia, "Feminism and Sadomasochism")

4 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

me encanta la cita de la feminista

7:55 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Funny that my dear, y yo justo te imaginaba como poster child de las ligas de prohibición sexual;)

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Solentiname said...

me as a poster child... JUAJUAJUAJUAJUAJUAJUA

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

giggle giggle... well I certainly couldn't pull it off, even if I mostly look like an angel.

4:05 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home