domingo, marzo 13, 2005

Ever so pleased with myself

Sleep has been chased away by loudly snoring bed-mate... And so, I have found a productive activity for burning the midnight oil. I have organized my stories and poems (which I will still keep posting here too, I suppose) into a Garden of Thoughts, which is linked right here on my blogroll. I am pleased with myself because I have started to decipher the code of my template and can now add things with some sense of where they will show up on the page. For you computer geeks, I am sure this is absolutely embarassingly simple, but considering I have no other way to learn, I am just a tiny bit proud of my cleverness. (Being plagued by insomnia has its advantages)

Now I might as well make use of my sleeplessness to complain to the blank page:
My back needs some major attention again (this always happens incrimentally proportional to my stress level)

I am utterly depressed by the news and disgusted by this country's barbaric behavior. Yet, I am incapable of fixing anything.

Wait... that's it. Nothing else to complain about? well that was short-lived...

On the up side:
I am half-finished grading student exams and will force myself to finish novel by Monday morning.

I got to take a luxuriant bath with a small person (highly recommendable activity should you get the opportunity)

She was wonderfully well behaved at the café, drawing pictures and writing words and then playing with the spatial-relations geometric shapes game that was mine when I was a little girl...

And on other miscellaneous tidbits:
Jeff says that to his surprise, the new Tori album is a must (there having been several disappointing albums in the interim from our high-school obsession days). So I might just splurge on some new music.