viernes, marzo 04, 2005

Viernes de Ilana

No not Lautaro. Friday again and the sadness settles over me. Perhaps it was because I was up until 2 last night reading and re-reading, the story I wrote and looking and looking for meaning in the reflections of myself in the mirror. I was thinking about the concept of a double... is it the physical double that stands in, the replaces us, or is it the emotional or psychic double. We went to see _Mar adentro_ today. It was an amazing film, but I couldn't stop myself from crying throughout the entire function. It truly questioned the essence of what "life" is, and how powerful an interior fantasy world can be. I am so wiped out from work that I didn't even make it there today, but instead opted to sleep all day. That could also be because I took the night-time homeopathic cough medicine in the morning and it is meant to help with sleeplessness, but perhaps not good for day-time productivity.
In fact, the only good thing is that my throat is a little less closed and I should be able to sing at tomorrow night's performance, and with luck I will be fully recovered for next week's real performance. So what else is in store for me? Yet another four-year-old birthday party tomorrow morning and a novel to read and a stack of tests to grade. I know y'all wish you were me;)