domingo, marzo 06, 2005

The "P" word

Every time I think that I have conquered my very nature, I am reminded that it is just a break, and that invariably I will crumble to my innate procrastinatory tendencies. This same theorem can be applied to most of my other defects (or attributes?), so you take your pick. Sisyphus... top o' the hill here I come.

Instead of doing work this weekend, that's right, all I accomplished all weekend was to grade tests, I spent last evening singing, and all day today in San Luis Obispo. I rediscovered my digital camera... and I nuzzled incessantly with a small person (which is ultimately the most worthwhile use of my time).

She never ceases to amuze and amaze me, her latest interrogation was about two protagonists in a story. She asked if they were going to lick eachother, you know, like they do in the movies.

It is funny how everything seems so interconnected... At the book store I came across a newly reprinted Hardy Boys adventure on the bargain rack and I was lost in my reverie of Nancy Drewness... In fact, I was going to be a detective... and I still look for a mystery in everything I do. Then of course I was accosted by the five-book boxed set of Harry Potter (which I refuse to buy until it is complete)... and of course is a guilty pleasure... my whole childhood revolved around the seven book box set of The Chronicles of Narnia (I spent an entire summer staying up all night reading under the covers with only orange juice and English muffins for sustenance)... I love fantasy worlds, I can't help myself... Of course then K. and I talked and I was reminded of my goal to reread "The Name of the Rose" that is sitting on the shelf and winking at me and knowing that I don't get to read anything I want for a long time...


No, I am still not doing my work. And I want a pet. And I don't want to read anything but what I want... oh. Then there's the other stuff.