sábado, enero 15, 2005

Ani at the Arlington

I got my tickets, did you get yours??? And I think that my "date" the last time I saw her goes by the same name as the lovely lady that will be my "date" this time too. Curious.

What a better way to avoid false "holiday" constructions and obligations... Escapism via angry punk-ass chick... indeed. It has been a long time since I have been this psyched about a concert. And then I hear on I.'s newly acquired radio: "1963 is not an end... it is a beginning" and "...will be in for a rude awakening if the nation goes back to business as usual!" and I am reminded again of my pettiness, my obscene lack of transcendence, and my pathetic attempts to return to business as usual. But... how else to be? Wasn't I born into a nation of escapists? A culture that avoids discomfort at all costs? Tell me, oh sage ones, how can I be a different way than I am?

Start by taking self less seriously. Continue by getting riled up about something not linked to oneself. End by offering up one's own life for the greater good. The path of Martyrs (Mawrters?)... why does it have to be this hard?