jueves, enero 13, 2005

Sor Juana

I am in love, in love I tell you, in love!!!!
The world is whole again, I am a meaningless speck of nothing on the face of this marvelously decadent planet, and it suddenly doesn't matter!!!

With whom you might wonder. with whom? But that would be the wrong question. With what? With life! With my work! I am so excited about the projects that I am working on and the possibilities that are lining themselves up, I am feeling motivated and productive and full of wonderful zeal. Long ago, it seems now, I mentioned on one of my internet avatar/incarnations two women with whom I would love to have a converversation... and it seems that there is a great possibility that this will become a reality based on the work I am undertaking...

What does Sor Juana have to do with all this? Well, I was debating dropping today's class because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by having three major projects plus a language class to complete in the next 10 weeks, but the profesora assuaged my need for comfort and is going to let me take my dusty undergraduate thesis, actualize it, and groom it for publication, which is a project that I need to do anyway, plus I get to read lots of great women writers and not feel pressure to turn in said project at the end of the quarter if I am not ready!!! Yay... I am feeling brilliant again (so what if I am not _really_)... Tonight we looked for the subversion in Sor Juana's poetic "yo" and the love that she felt for the Virreina, her life-long muse, was so vibrant and aching and gorgeous all at the same time, I felt glad to be alive and to be here, where I am, right now. There will be poem fragments to come, but now, I must go eat dinner...