jueves, diciembre 16, 2004

Emmanuel has risen!

Hee hee. Everybody's favorite Masai warrior is alive and well, and looking for unsuspecting (and don't forget rich) business partners/ apartment providers. It is always so amusing when people resurface in your life, mysteriously when they are in need of something that they think you can provide. Of course, we can't provide anything for anyone, much less ourselves, so the advice for our "dear" friend was to save up and be prepared for high prices if he moves to Cali...

Another slightly related and funny episode from this afternoon: First off, I didn't realize that mormon misionaries were sent to convert students in university family housing, but there they were, pressed white short-sleeve button downs, grey pants, ties, blonde heads closely trimmed, blue eyes, friendly smiles. "Good afternoon m'aam, could we speak with you for a few minutes?" Wait, wait, this is not a third-world country... maybe the word has gotten out that California is filled with heathens, and that it has fantasies of emancipating itself (along with its massive economy) from Jesusland, but really, what _have_ we come to? "Actually," I smile (chocolate smeared across my cheek, unbeknownst to me) "I'm _really_ busy" This wasn't totally a lie, I was taking out the trash and recycling and attacking the tower of babeldish for impending parental visit this afternoon. "Can we just leave you this 'present'?" "Um. I'm not into Jesus." Card with Jesus o'rama info, slid back into its breast pocket. Two boys kept walking...Wow! If I had known that it was that easy, I would have used that line earlier...

We could make T-shirts, you know, "Sorry, I'm not into Jesus... but he's really into me" ;)

No intention of being disrespectful but frankly proselytizing just doesn't do it for me, you know. To each her own, but leave me the hell out of it.