martes, diciembre 14, 2004

Ha! Ha! Canadian TV! (Not Kids in the Hall)

Funny funny funny.

Zapa just wrote to say that he saw us (twice) on Juste Pour Rire somewhere (he's hiding from deportation police) in Canada...

Too funny. I never thought we'd actually make it onto Canadian candid camera... and yet, the silly episode of us being directed by blind police officer into another car on cobble-stone narrow windy Quebequian path actually made it on the air (albeit 3 1/2 years later), and Z confirms that indeed Miguel's look of astonishment and veiled fury were unmistakably his.

That was a nice trip. I had forgotten. It was just after Isabella turned 1, the week after my "official" college graduation where we had to schlep the baby and ourselves down to PA for ceremony and ensuing party at Edie and Andy's house (now sold and forsaken). How time flies. We took the graduation money and we took a memorial day trip up to the belle province... I love Montreal, but Quebec was very much quainter... and the creme brulee was delish... soon, all of M.'s efforts will pay off and this album too will be posted. I don't know the address yet, but since you are all clamouring (yes... all 2 of you:) I thought I would go ahead and get his graphics fidgeting ass in gear ('cause you know I can't figure that shit out).

Funny how time flies and how memories of trips are so much nicer at a distance. Of course the Canadians felt awful when they realized we were not stupid Americans but rather poor NH residing Mexicans... (ok, so I pretended not to speak English --there are little joys in this world, and being able to pass as not-American is one of my best and most secret ones) but I was still pissy for a good half the day.

That trip, if I recall was more about eating everything "french" possible and less about seeing, although we got some great shots of architecture and the Montmorency falls just to the north. Also, this was one of I's cutest stages (aren't they all?) and there is a picture in which she seems to be floating, hovering, as if cut and pasted, on the long wooden promenade that overlooks Le Quartier Petit Champlain, just before you pass Le Château Frontenac to the left and the Funiculaire that descends to your right.

Glorioius springtime, so far removed. And a good laugh on us, still being had by many a Canadian:)