sábado, diciembre 11, 2004

food for thought

I have turned over a new leaf. No. Just silliness sneaking up on me. But this is not silly, and I really must get dressed and showered, but not in that order:) So much time lost fiddling with this damn computer. Life is much nicer, but there are so many stories clamouring for attention, that I just won't be able to leave her behind. Yes, her. Like cars, computers are feminine, and they like to be stroked. What shall we name her? (In case you haven't noticed, I am terrible at naming characters so any help or suggestions would be amply appreciated. Also, only now have I figured out that I can respond to comments by comments - not totally stupid, just a little slow... so hope no one is offended at my apparent lack of reciprocity in communication)

Here's the food for thought:

www.newspress.com/mixtec

One more reason why people in this country should really stop being assholes and complaining about lost jobs and wages driven down, and stop judging or making snide remarks about people's legal status or suffering economies. WE ARE THE CRIMINALS! We are the true illegals in this world.

Ok.

No need to get bent out of shape. Just think about the corn you eat and where it is coming from. And the lumber too, for that matter (remembering Stefan's rant about "free trade" and the monstrous subsidies for lumber by US in pacific northwest and their attempt to thwart Canada's effort to level the playing field... NAFTA - "free trade is only free trade when it tilts the odds in favor of the US market!")

Yeah. My life is totally boring so I shall cease and desist speaking on personal topics. Yay. The thunderous clapping of one hand, in the forest.