martes, noviembre 16, 2004

Fortune cookies...

Nothing as "comforting" as mediocre Chinese food. At least you can always count on the same quality of dining experience. The tea was good, and the rest pleasantly passable. And it is fun to watch Sofía struggle with the chopsticks and comment on how much she enjoys the shrimp in the hot and sour soup.

Here are the fortunes that we received, and officially they are all mine because I opened all three cookies, or, they are all hers because she ate all three. But really each of us gets an assigned cookie and the fortunes are as intransferable as they are aleatory.

Mine is the absolutely wrong one for me. I wonder if we can all guess which one.

You will soon discover how truly fortunate you really are. (vague... not really a fortune, or perhaps a bad omen?)

This is a good times [sic] to consider formally helping others. (ha. time to consider, but not necessarily act)

Don't wait for others to open the right doors for you. (Advice, but still not really a fortune.)

And according to the Chinese Zodiac, I am: Popular and attractive to the opposite sex. Often ostentatious and impatient. Need people. Yup! that *is* me... but wait it is also everyone else born the same year as me... that doesn't seem statistically possible. A whole year's worth of sex-pots... highly dubious.

Of course, according to the good old western Zodiac, being a Gemini, I am a dual personality (yes) and I am highly libidinous, and I can't shut up. (Also true, even when it is in my best interest to do so). But I can't possibly believe that everyone born in the same month as me is equally schizofrenic or manic, or whatever we want to name my personality disorder... Sigh. No finding meaning in dessert after all:(