lunes, octubre 16, 2006

Requiem in G minor

Air drips thick of condensed expectation-
breath held-
an inaudible whisper
laced with crystalline teardrops,
fingers intertwined through
waves of pain,
convulsing in a body
that is not there:
A reflection of what never was
for eyes that have no home,
peeled away
one
last
time

The door clicks shut with hermetic determination,
reverberations of echoes that die
away
in an infernal half-life of desire-
light and shadow,
game of mirrors
distorting reality
into a manageable,
knowable,
crippling
eternity of words.

Ages of ice and fire
lie of truth.
Silent
answers unfurl.
Unspeakability
tearing at my breast,
no more loss,
no more loss,
no more less...

I will drive you from my bones
excise the last cancerous cell
of fear
and comfort.
I whisper to the frame
on the wall
that holds my body
in its absence,
in its decadence,
twisted,
disgraced.
A pillar of salt for you to blow away,
and miss forever
in concave dreams of lack.