sábado, septiembre 30, 2006

My, but it's nipply out...

The cold settles into my bones. Toes curl under in desperate attempts to warm themselves, futile, yet practically involuntary.
Ok, so perhaps I should have looked at the weather report before getting in my car to drive the 100 miles to LAX, and brave the national airspace to land in our country's capital.

Fall on the east coast. I had forgotten. Happily, now, post-conference presentation, Jenny and I returned to her Logan's circle nest, to curl up in bed with her five cats, including the newly penis-less Ollie. We had all the intention of changing into non-work clothes and braving the streets, but were sucked into the vortex of her memory-foam covered bed instead.

I love visiting with her because I am constantly reminded of episodes completely erased from the hard-drive of my life (not to mention that she too shares my propensity for leaving bathroom doors open wide and wandering around the house semi-nude). Just a sampling of such past delights: I am told, and perhaps vaguely recall, that once upon a time, me being buxom and she small-breasted, acquiesced to letting her hold my breasts in her hands just so she could get an idea of what it would be like to be different. additionally I am the only person of whom she has partaken of their breast milk (now this I distinctly do remember, as we had a running joke about me being a walking draught milk-bar). We all do what we can to accomodate our friends' curiosities, right?

What will they think of next? She reminded me that we made a public pact to streak across the Washington monument, but I shudder to think of what it will do to me in this nippy weather. Perhaps postpone for a springtime visit? On the agenda still, a jazz concert at the Kennedy center, Ethiopian food and cheezy bars... And a drag brunch at Perry's before flying back to my paradisiac coast. Lucky for us, she'll be out there next week. Adventures to be continued...