miércoles, octubre 11, 2006

Lord I got to keep on moving...

Lord I got to get on down
Lord I've got to keep on moving
Where I can't be found, where I can't be found
Lord they coming after me
---Bobbie Marley


Sometimes it feels like the only thing is to keep on rolling like a rolling stone, no moss, no loss, but that self-imposed. I barely get a chance to breathe and off I go again, this time south, though before it was north and then west.

Tomorrow I am off for several days of swanky hotels, and all around lounging. A night at the Omni in LA and a last visit with Jenny.

The cat lady of DC

Pictured, here, two weekends ago in DC but not pictured this weekend in SB as all batteries were utterly dead.

Then it is on to San Diego, before Ben and Heather's wedding, to pick up sir Jeff of monkey land, pictured here in NH this summer (for the complete set, click here, especially to see all the kids!) .

Jeffypoo

Lest I forget the recent travels north to Eagle Point Ranch, to see Kirsten or our final stint in Granada and my solo visit to Madrid.

I know, I know, moving too fast and furious for the majority. Still haven't dealt with all the images of Coimbra. My heart longs to run there, to a safe place where everything else was on hold, magical, suspended reality, safety. And yet there is a decidedly bitter taste in my mouth. Everything hurts, my egg shell heart cracks and breaks three-hundred times a day and I can't run away (as it is said) from myself. I can only run away from the people that I love, forever, or run towards them, still not quite sure which way is up, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Man, I look tired in that picture. And like I've forgotten how to smile.

But I am superpsyched for the trip tomorrow!

2:01 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Well, my dear, it was 4 in the morning when we got around to taking it. Me too... see you soon!

3:24 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home