sábado, agosto 26, 2006

Homecoming

It is funny, I think. Sometimes the most miniscule things will change within us, make us new, different. Other times, we are animals so stubbornly entrenched in our way of being that we are fully incapable of change, no matter the reality of our evolving circumstances.

I am always fascinated by the capacity of human cruelty, our intolerance towards others, our unkindness. I would like to be a better person. For that very selfsame reason, I have long begun a process of change in my own life. A process by which I am no longer forced to be someone that I don't want to be.

Once upon a time the accusation of cruelty, injustice, malice, stung with a bitterness that seemed unbearable. Now it means nothing. I have never eschewed any particular bravery, though it seems now, bravery is the only option.

Coming back has been hard. Harder than even I had imagined. Harder because it has become clear to me that the path that I have chosen is the right one, the only one, but that it must be embraced with more vigor, less vacilation, less consideration for anyone or anything but what matters most.

I must, once again, look for a new home...

2 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

Forza Ila. I know you can do it. And we will be here.

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Gracias Sole por el apoyo de siempre. Sabés que el saber que están allí me ha hecho posible enfrentar muchas cosas, y por eso estoy eternamente agradecida.

12:12 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home