jueves, junio 08, 2006

Mid-week update

Waiting for the sun

While last weekend was spectacular, it seems that June gloom has now settled in on us. Heck, one weekend of fabulous procrastination was all I could really afford anyway. Two full days of actively ignoring my work felt really necessary. Mental preparation for the grueling exam that was to come.

And was it ever grueling. But, as the say at Bryn Mawr: Done is Good! and I am done (at least with that). Yes, it is over, and I am left feeling... relieved? Not so much. More than that, a sense of ennui has settled in over me. I stumbled out wobbly-kneed after a 2 hour (which was officially only supposed to be one hour) examination in which I think I have never said so many stupid or unfounded things in my life - I could be wrong.

So what if I am getting the outstanding MA award? it seems like minor compensation for all that emotional trauma. HA. I'll be over it in a week, I am sure.

So what is next? That's what everyone keeps asking. Well if I could even see straight with all the work that I have left for the end of the quarter...

Ah yes, it never really ends does it? But for now, I will go back to reading about "Theater of the Oppressed" and perhaps manage to scrounge around enough original ideas to write this afternoon's paper. Are there any left in that poor little head of mine? We'll see.