domingo, junio 04, 2006

behind the times

Ok, so it took me a week to upload photos from last weekend. This one has been equally gorgeous (though it may take me another week to upload said photos). Despite better judgment, I spent the day with my beloved at the beach, with K. and P. and a few others. The water was spectacular, and once I dragged her out past where the waves break, and began the lesson on how to read the ocean swells, she was paddling about happily. I also made the brilliant rediscovery of 30 SPF sunblock, last weekend's trip to the newly revamped rec cen pool left my back scorching, quite literally, for the week entire. Ah yes. The ozone is rapidly depleting. On other brilliant fronts, (public service announcement) I found out, based on Jenny's timely suggestion, that when one has no insurance to cover meds, the price varies wildly from one commercial pharmacy to the next, and I thusly spent only $300 out of pocket instead of $450... bastards... So, word to the wise, comparison shopping, it isn't just for techie equipment anymore...

So, little slice of life, the one I actually lead, as opposed to the virtual one that has suffered my negligence (fucking comps, I mean, seriously, I should have standards, right?) Ah, right, so I am not saying anything, so as not to jinx myself, but so far so good, just one more hoop for monday, and I have to dress up. Should I shave? Terrible question, am I morally obliged to do so? OR to not do so? When actually it is really not a political statement I am making at all but rather one of personally autonomy/ thumbing one's nose at decorum. Should my exam be above that? Or below it? Ah well, guess it will all depend on if I can scare up a razor between now and then. Which is not looking good, because I did all the shopping for the week, and mostly K.'s surprise party tomorrow, which was mostly fruit and wine for the sangría and lettuce and other sorts of fruit and cheese for the salad.

The path is straight...

Blood roses

contrastes

archipielago de nubes

testa

sombra

azure

ochre

noir

Allá en la fuente

bajo la campana

aqua