viernes, mayo 26, 2006

signs of wear

In a fit of procrastinational glory, the only kind I know, I was re-reading work done from 1998. Re-reading class notes (not purely useless, but close) and then hand written tests, then poetry. Damn, I was good. And not so. I read myself and I see the infantile, puerile inchoate language. There was no dominion. No ownership. Timidity mixed with a certain degree of hubris. Who was I? Terrible.

I realize now. Now, yes? now. That it will always be this way. A few years will pass and the words that shock even me, (did I write that?) will seem so foreign. The feelings, the lack. Lacan says that the unconscious is like a blinking light, that turns on and then off again.

There are moments, there are moments.

So much good advice to which I paid no heed. So much knowledge forgotten, erased, decayed, eroded. Sandstone blasted away by the wind.

I don't belong in this profession. Oh God, I don't belong in any profession. I shouldn't even be breathing.
And yet... I think I will for a little while longer, despite the fact that I annoy even myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

Please do. Vas a ver que al venir a CR o al hablar con ticos vas a ver que sí han servido de mucho mucho esos momentos.

7:49 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Grazie amiga...
mañana veremos :)

7:43 p.m.  
Blogger Eli F. said...

That's what they call progress. Isn't it?

6:48 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Yeah, it's just... where am I progressing to?

10:20 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home