sábado, junio 18, 2005

Side-by-side blogging

Nothing can be more fun than sitting by a dear friend, and having her email you an interesting article from the seat next to you. Ludicrous, perhaps, but there is something collective and comforting in the tandem-style internet engrossment of which we are partaking. We have been lounging mostly, walking around some, talking quite a bit, and sadly, shopping.

There are few activities (scooping out the cat box at my mother's command jumps to mind) that I detest quite as much as shopping (although as a friend-accompanier, I can deal with a little mostly because I focus on the conversation and not the assault on my senses). I hate it. I am instantly drained upon walking into the pasty flourescent-lighted bodegas. And still I bought myself a very touchable tight black v-neck sweater to replace the grey sweater I lost between picking Jenny up at the airport and returning to the car (sometimes I wish my hips were a little more sensitive to pressure, or lack thereof).

Here are the two conclusions that I have drawn from this semi-excruciating experience (yes, I honestly haven't shopped in over a year, save for a brief foray into the lingerie section mid January for a totally boring white cotton bra).

1) I detest shopping because clothing never looks right on me.

2) I look much better with no clothing at all.

Sigh. No chance of living in a nudist colony any time soon.