viernes, junio 17, 2005

Home is...

This is home, sort of, for I. it is her very first home, for me, if feels oddly outgrown. Nevertheless...

Home

It is where there is sometimes rest after travel... (and before my mom drives me crazy:)

Traveller

And where the pusses are always purring;)

Baudelaire bends to her will

Where fur flies (Baudelaire's in particular):

Furball

Home is where you can lounge about with Corleone (yes, I was Godfather obsessed 14 years ago when I named him) in your underwear, and no one will say anything to you, or care, or even notice...

Yin yang

And where you get to have whatever your heart desires for a birthday dinner (Coquilles St. Jaques caught my fancy this year!)

Birthday dinner

and lest we forget, the same Mohn Streusel Cake that I have had for every year for at least the last 20. (No opiate tests for me:)

Poppy seed cake

Home means friends visiting from afar... Jenny flew from Philly (best b-day present, of course, was her presence!)

Stretch!

And Jeff surprised me by coming up from NY, and calling from Boston just as we were headed there ourselves... to Alewife.

Alewife

Alewife station

So after Jenny and I people watched for shagability from above, and Jeff arrived from South Station (depositing his luggage in Mom's car), we left to walk around Cambridge where we walked along the Charles

The Charles

and then back to Harvard Square where we saw this frightening sight... a proselytizer with an agressive bent! Heaven's to Betsy!!! (if we don't convert to born-again christianity we ARE going to Hell!)

Scary dude

Later to meet up with Laura for drinks at the Red House after a long Friday at the MIT press!!! (and Andy, her filmmaking Beau, who if you check out Laura's blog, you will see has been cited by the BBC!)

red house

Waiting for drinks in Cambridge

And yes, curiously these three are also my only visible on-line friends. I am not as much of a loner as I purport to be... And clearly with the most loving intent Jeff tells me that if he didn't really know me, and only read me, he would most likely think me a neurotic freak, which I am not (he says) and am in fact quite likeable. Ha. See, I am really rather even keel in reality:)

Here we waited for a ride back outside of Alewife for Mom and Brina to pick us up:

ET Phone Home

Finally, home is where your family is... no Dad, but Uncle Bill took a picture of the girls after dinner in Belmont (while Jeff and Jenny discussed the finer points of the second Star Wars trilogy (:

Family

Splendid holiday indeed!