lunes, junio 13, 2005

The missing link.

Ha ha. Life has this way of being totally absurd. I finally finsih all the stupid little things I need to do, like washing 6 loads of laundry (god, I have to stop doing this to myself... and it was only my clothing and the girl's) and arranging for I. to have health insurance again, when the phone rings... hmmm. University number, who could it be? No, the usual suspects are all long gone, it is the preschool. I. has a fever. What the *%^$#@!. Never fails. Murphy's law and all that. So she got medicine, Tylenol and Benadryl (to help sleep and to combat sinus headache - and yes, it might be just the thing to keep her sleeping for the 12 hours of travel tomorrow) and she watched me fold laundry with that glassy-eyed look reserved only for hard-core druggies and sick children.

So as she sleeps, I am responding to my emails before leaving, and Rocío has sent me a link to her page, and since K. and I are making big plans for our escapade in St. Augustine along the same lines, I thought we might just get inspired;)

Meanwhile I thought I might add a link to my latest story, that I finally finished, although not very satisfactorily.