lunes, febrero 28, 2005

I really do deserve a treat!

No, seriously. There now exists another "hijo de mi intelecto" all thirty odd pages are out and in a cohesive argument with, believe it or not (I surprised even myself here) some insight and novel thoughts on a topic that was as beaten as a dead horse can be. I even think I didn't build suspense into it (my downfall) but at the same time didn't make something that was horribly boring either. Of course tomorrow when we discuss it in class I will surely be humbled, but right now, I think that I do deserve something extra special...

Pride goeth before the fall...

But since I have now excised Darío from under my skin, I thought I would share the book review that was just recently published on a bilingual edition of his "Cantos de vida y esperanza" which, to what would have been my chagrin if I hadn't already finished with it, was recalled to the library the other day. How awful. One feels somehow guilty for forcing someone else to actually recall a book from you, as if you were selfishly hoarding a pound of Neuhaus chocolates in your desk drawer while claiming to have nothing good to snack on...

So, here is the link (even though I am a moron and cannot figure out how to make links actually happen in my blog - or is it just because I use a Mac?):

http://www.panam.edu/dept/modlang/Hiper1indice.htm

And now, in addition to a treat, I am going to go finish grading a pile of compositions that I failed to complete with I. at the Coffee Cat yesterday, our weekend work hang-out. She drinks steamed milk with hazelnut syrup and draws pictures and writes words, while I try, in vain to focus on my student's writing, or a book, or whatever.

So, while the treat I really want to indulge in is literary, I fear that I still have too much to do to go around ogling texts, mine or others, except for the ones that remain to be conquered for legitimate purposes.