sábado, enero 22, 2005

Reasons for smiling:

1) Being fed chocolate at 9 am by a small person who has nibbled the edges already and feels the need to clarify said nibblings.
2) The sun shining in through open balcony door, birds chirping and sweet air wafting in.
3) Sitting in flannel pajamas, still (yes on occasion I do like clothing), and having both pillows so that one supports my back and the other rests on my lap while I type, easing "work-related" postural pain.
4) Having a half-hour to myself (sort of) until I have to get up and be a version of myself.
5) Working on a really exciting translation project.
6) Receiving a sweet thank you card from one of my dearest ex-students who got into her top choice college on my recommendation.
7) Having both time, weather and energy to take Isabella swimming today.
8) Having had a good cry at a good movie (always slightly embarassing but I. comforted me and sniffled sympathetically saying "it was a bit sad wasn't it?") and a good sleep to follow. (When will certain thoughts fail to wreck me? yes, you know what they are, Ilana, you should just not go there anymore)
9) Significantly advancing gestational stage of "evil" paper yesterday, while still having time to edit friend's translation for her job-interview ponencia in English and meet with new faculty candidate (woman!!!)
10) Imagining the mole verde that was so nicely prepared for me last night in its breakfast reincarnation.
11) Having a healed bike-light!

oh yeah, and being healthy and alive and capable of bringing happiness to others.