lunes, octubre 25, 2004

Outline for my "novel" memoirs

So, this is mostly just so that I am forced to see it in print and perhaps be motivated to actually begin writing. Gargantuan task... what I really want to do, but will have to put off until there is some free time. Or will I just steal the time from my sleeping body? I may have to wait until my week in Palm Springs (yuck... but I will have lots of alone time being with parents who really just want to see grandchild...freedom, swimming pools for the (no longer) baby, hiking excursions, a trip across the border. I can't believe I am actually looking forward to this, but I will be able to realize my goal of hanging out at a hotel bar alone:) On another note, I think my web page is finally up, due mostly to the work of the more technologically inclined member of my household...

Now for the real part - Dun dun... the chapters (in working title format - still need to find the right songs to attach to them, but some progress has been made)

1)It’s the end of the world as we know it… a steel bird takes flight, prisoner without a name and the synagogue bombings.

2) Leo Feito and Le Petit Café

3) Día de primavera, dinosaur bones, frustration and the intricacies of truco

4)Rocío, a wool sweater and the defense of class (big brother begins his descent) and privileges rescinded

5) Julieta’s house – a den of sin and vice (safety from prying eyes) ice-cream and 27 perros de la calle

6) Breaking apart, Christmas and eating meat, Nachito, Lagarto, Alejandro, El Negro and the end of Leo in the boliche

7) A death of me – sickness comes, sickness goes, a father figure abuses his power

8) The vivero and a rape skillfully avoided, Hugo’s treason, understanding the subjunctive

9) An amnesiac society, and the beginning of my legacy of getting in the middle of happy couples (the rest will be in forthcoming memoirs, maybe)

10) Gabriel and a chance meeting on the 9 de Julio

11) Ivan in the cemetery, an asado and a new beginning

12) More misunderstandings, near death experience, and another close call

13) Pablo and the midnight visits at Julieta’s hotel, Mar del Plata, virginity prevails

14) Rocío, her moto and finding my voice

15) Sofía, pan de miel and Leo reappears

16) Cecilia, wallowing in delicious misery, the panaderos and the thrown coffee pot

17) A trip to Brazil and Buenos Aires, Gabriel and another chance meeting on another 9 de Julio.

18) Gabriela’s secret beatings, and the politics of race and class, my sorrow and outrage

19) French class, Beth’s loss and tragedy abounds

20) Gabriel and Alma Fuerte, too many expectations, treatise on how to love too many people (or not love anybody at all)

21) A new journey to a new land, from winter to summer in 24 hours, the end…