martes, octubre 19, 2004

The ideal mate

Toying with the idea that there truly could be a person suitable to my madness (or anyone's for that matter). I am sure there is not, being the intrinsically difficult person that I am, but daydreaming when there is more pressing work to be done seems to be my forte:

The ideal mate for the eternally selfish: (note please, no gender attached to said ideal)

1) knows how to cook, and does so whenever I don't feel like it, but stays out of the kitchen when I am working, otherwise.

2) makes me laugh, in my soul, much more than makes me cry.

3) makes me cry, sometimes, just so I don't feel anesthetized and dull around the edges.

4) adores my child and knows when my patience is about to snap, absconding with her in order to allow me space to work.

5) Is willing to do light housework, or support the informal economy by hiring someone else to do said work.

6) Has enough sense to not give a shit about money, and enough money to not give a shit about sense...(in other words, does not need me to micro-manage)

7) wants more children, eventually...but will be willing to parent said children with style and grace and lots of outdoors activities.

8) Has politics that don't interfere with mine and the ability to express opinions without using words like knives.

9) makes me laugh some more, makes me angry at the world and then makes it feel like its not so bad after all.

10) Teaches me something new on a regular basis and lets me expound ad nauseum without complaining

11) Enjoys my arsenal of humor, ranging from the completely inappropriate, scatalogical, to the multi-lingual puns of varying registers that I was raised on.

12) Believes in something, but absolutely not in religious Institutions (with a capital I).

13) Knows me. doesn't have to be from the same place or time, but knows exactly where I am coming from.

14) Understands my obsession with punctuality and forgives my transgressions in the name of said obsession (ie, not finishing other crap in order to leave with half-an-hour leeway)

15) doesn't yell (much) I do, so my yang would have to not be a yeller... it doesn't work, I've tried.

16) Believes in equality in a real and applicable sense, refuses to enter into power struggles with me and lets me make fun of myself after my childish rants.

17) Wants to live in 15 different countries before death.

18) Exists in a love/hate relationship with my country and their own (if not the same country).

19) Appreciates beauty in miniscule moments, like the dew hanging from a blade of grass, or the scent of lemons wafting through the air with the changing breeze.

20) Will prefer allergic misery (like my own) to an existence stripped of animal companionship.

21) And of course, is wildly and madly in love with the ocean.