sábado, octubre 16, 2004

Isabellissima

Isabellisms… eternally better than Bushisms and eons ahead in the intelligence department.


1) personas que no conozco, me da pena besarlos…
(thank god!!! Now if only that will last until she is 20)

2) With reference to the Victoria Secret mailing… (note the nose scrunched in disapproval) ella está como muy… (shrug) sexy… (that was last night’s theme, I was sexy, the girls walking down state street, the mannequins)

3) vagabundos, vagabundos, vagabundos (unself-consciously sung at the top of her lungs, because there were an abundance of spare-changers on the prowl)

4) Me da asco este lugar! (strong words, directed at the Pita Pit in Isla Vista) este es fast-food, yo quería ir a un restaurante real.(Ha! A food snob in the making! But nothing in downtown was appealing)

5) Mamí, I love you. (uttered at least 25 times a day, any time she has lost her train of thought, which is often, as she has diarrhea of the mouth, like her mommy… of the fingers) Sonrisa de pinga…

6) I want to take a bath with you, NOW! (so few people can get away with a command of such nature) Take off your clothes, I am ready…

7) You are taking soooo long, and I want to snuggle-buggle. (with reference to the non-computer writing that I was doing today, seeing as how she has grown accustomed to me taking way too much of her time for myself)

8)When I have a little sister, we will need a new bed… she won’t be daddy’s just yours and mine. Or maybe we can leave her with daddy so he will have one daughter for himself and we can go on vacation. (what could she be thinking? If only she understood that I can’t get pregnant unless I go back to the doctor… maybe a cat would suffice…)

9) Indians are bad… (why?) because they kill white people. (don’t you think that is an oversimplification- a lot of white people kill people too, in fact more than any people of color…) oh yeah, remember when I told you we should tell Bush to stop killing people (how could I forget?) Giggle… giggle. I am so clever…

10) Mommy why are you leche and I am café con leche? Giggle, giggle. I want you to be brown like me (yes, well, I wish I were too… what’s a girl to do?)


Just wanted to share the joys of motherhood (is there anyway I can get through this without being a total fuck-up?)