viernes, enero 01, 2010

Vallenato

Your midnight gaze penetrates me from above
My left hand resting on your solid shoulder,
and the other, curved gently as our palms embrace.
I look away, rest my curls against your
Inviting chest.
I could suspend reality here.
I could let myself just be,
Feeling the pulsing rhythms, the melodies that aren’t mine.

I could write the saddest verses tonight,
But my heart sings, beating faster,
And the words swirl around me, like the heady rush
Of bubbles coursing through wine
Warmth that pours out from your clear eyes
Trained on my own.
Transparently, my hand touches your cheek,
yours wraps tighter around the small of my back,
and our feet, our hips seem to know each other
swaying natural, aching, complete.

I want you, but not for tonight,
So I leave, and my chest constricts,
Where it was pressed close to yours.
I pause for a moment to inhale, my lips on your skin
Soak in your scent as the sun glows red
On the horizon.

And I shiver, quivering, with you on my mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

Neruda himself would be proud!!

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

You're making me blush, Sole... Feliz año querida... se te extraña montones...

7:48 p.m.  
Blogger Agustin Cadena said...

Beautiful!

10:19 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

GRacias, amigo... de repente puedo llegarle al inglés, no? ;)

7:59 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home