viernes, agosto 29, 2008

cooking mishaps not to be repeated...

Oh god, my hands are on fire.  Not literally of course, but they might as well be. I made I. touch them and they are even hot to the touch.  Peeling the skin off several chile anchos gloveless and carelessly mushing my hands around in the seeds and veins that were neatly moved to the side of the cutting board was not such a wise decision.  But they didn't seem hot... not at the time.

And dinner was going so well.  I made an incident free corn-bread from scratch (far better than the metallic tasting box mixes, and minus the lard!), a fresh chicken caesar salad that my little vegetable nymphlet devoured happily, and I even had the fresh corn shorn from the cob and waiting for the chiles, to be converted into rajas con crema... but alas, I started washing dishes in hot water, exacerbating the ardent effect of the capsaicin on my poor skin.  So violent were these chiles that they melted the polish right off my non-bitten nails.  Damn!

Live and learn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

No sabía que los chiles podían hacer eso. Y como siempre, tus posts de comida me hacen agua la boca.

4:41 a.m.  
Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I am allergic to peppers myself, but I had no idea this could happen--wow.

6:43 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home