domingo, enero 21, 2007

Traffic update

Just in case any of you were wondering how the traffic school saga ended...

Let's begin with a shot of me, trembling with fury as I speak on the phone with Rudy, yes, Rudy, I believe the same one who initially graded and LOST my test.

"It says here that you finished on the 9th."
"Yes, unfortunately, on the certificate that was mailed to me, it says the 18th. 8 days after the due date in the court."
"Well the one that I am sending you now says the 9th."
"When will it be here."
"Well, tomorrow there is no mail, so on Monday we will send it out."
"Priority."
"I don't see why we would do that."
"Because, you see, the due date was the 10th and Monday will be the 22nd. I still have to get it to the courts."
"Well, I'm not a supervisor, if I send it priority, I'll get in a lot of trouble."
"Then who do I speak to in order for you to send it priority?"
"The administrative manager, Marcos. On Monday."
"Marcos," I repeat, my voice wobbles, "Marcos, what?"
"I can't give you that information, but I can give you his extension."
"Ok, please do."



And let's end with me curled in a ball on my bed, not exactly sobbing. I. coming towards me. "Shhhh. Mami. Don't cry." climbing on top of me, wrapping her little arms around my neck. "I should sleep in here with you tonight. Since you're having a hard night."

I shouldn't have let her stay. I should have stuck to my guns, despite the howling, and the promises that tonight she won't ask, she promises... But there is just one more reason that I fail as a mother. Guess it is a good thing that I'm not good enough, after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Solentiname said...

A veces creo que un país tan grande tiene sus desventajas. Aquí cogés un taxi y te vas a matar a Marcos en la cara. Good thing I. little arms were there. And just for the record: the test was a good excuse for crying, for letting out whatever was burning inside...

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

oh... sí... ganas no me faltaban... todo esto comenzó desde el maldito state trooper me paró propiciando el ataque de pánico hace ya tres meses... no me lo acabo, ni la tensión...

6:22 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home