domingo, abril 17, 2005

I'll have what she's having... quite literally

Taxes are done and accepted, why do I feel the need to get up at 4 in the morning and do paperwork? Getting a jump on tomorrow? Perhaps, but really I woke up at 3:30 and had the urge to look up the source of a quote that was bouncing around the inside of my otherwise empty head. It was from the evangelical gospels (and most decidedly used with irony in the work that I am analyzing) but man... if you look up bible quotes on the internet there is some crazy shit out there, I mean really scary...(or perhaps it only seems that way because of the late hour?)

Then of course I was fully awake and felt obligated to peruse my many accounts for recent activity. Nothing interesting, but a funny, sad, justice seeking email from Miguelito to Mafalda from someone who is not officially a friend (I don't really know the person at all, save for a few scraps of information gleaned from varying on-line sources, and interaction is very limited) but who lacks better classification and shall therefore, until proven otherwise, be filed under said heading.

Also, I am feeling rotten. Whatever stomach bug I. had, has been passed on with a vengeance, and while my smug satisfaction about filing has returned, I realize that this arrogance, this "it won't happen to me" attitude, has got to go... I am not above contagion of germs... and no, sharing eating utensils with someone who is ill, even if she is your child, is not smart ... didn't the rampant sweeps of plague in the Middle Ages teach me anything? Or the hygiene campaigns in so called "third world" nations ('cause you know filth is only related to "others")? Apparently not.

Of course the stomach unease may have more to do with the guilt of spending the best 6 hours of my Saturday at not one, but two kinderfesten... But I suppose something has got to give and strangely it is usually me... What can I say, I am a sucker.

Now, of course, the problem will be getting back to sleep. No good bad-guys with anvils to wonk you over the head when you need them. Just thought about the enormity of human inhumanity and tyranny and the little that writing about it can really do.