viernes, abril 04, 2008

April showers

I awoke to snow on the ground.

A light dusting. And the pitter patter of rain on shingles. If it is raining, maybe my friends won't have to work. It is 8 am. I'll wait for a phone call that means an escape from my parents' house.

I'm not sure what it is, well, beyond the fact that there are so many half-completed projects strewn about... why I don't like the isolation of this place. It should be perfect. No one to bother me, or distract me. Turns out I am more of a bother and a distraction to myself than others are.

I think the rain will melt the thin film of tenacious white from the decayed lawn. I think I'll crawl back into bed and read some more of the delicious mystery novel that is my guilty pleasure.

Perhaps when I get up, the panorama will be other.