martes, mayo 03, 2005

too much for tuesday

The stress of the last several weeks has finally caught up with me, and manifested itself in its very favorite way: a nasty sinus infection. I have been wandering around feeling like my head was stuffed with cotton, and as if a truck had lovingly dumped a ton of asphalt on top of me and gently steam-rolled my chest.

I couldn't stay at work or go to my afternoon classes. I hate missing class. I feel like a terrible person, but by 11:30 I was back in bed. Actually that isn't altogether true. I felt so rotten that I slept in the car for a good hour while M. waxed it, the gently rocking motion lulling me. You know that feeling, like when you drift off in front of a movie and sleep in deliciously stolen spurts throughout the entire feature but when you drag yourself up the stairs to bed you are suddenly robbed of the ability to relax? I just knew that if I got up from the car I wasn't going to be able to sleep in bed, and the cleverly positioned headrest let my sinuses drain. When I got up, I ended up revising the conference schedule for the last (I desperately hope) time. I had planned on sleeping and then going to class, but I just couldn't make it and slept until after 3, and then watched a cute commercial Mexican film Cilantro y perejil, cute I say because it had Demián Bichir...mmm, and while lacking deeper philosophical meaning, was a romantic comedy about what happens when the spark is gone, filmed at the CENART (one of my very fav places in the city). Then M. made a somewhat abbreviated version of a caldo tlalpeño, and brought the girl home, which nourished both my body (the former) and my soul (the latter).

Nothing exciting to report. I have several enticing developments in ongoing stories but I have felt too awful to actually spend any time in front of my computer and flesh out my ideas. Soon.