jueves, mayo 05, 2005

Check it out...

So here is a link to the conference we have been planning, I think it will be a good one. The most exciting part, of course, are the Keynote speakers, I am especially psyched about the talk on Brazilian cinema. Now I just have to make sure I am still alive by then.

Today was the worst day in a long, long time. I haven't been this sick, in this way, in years, not since my 9 months of morning sickness (yeah, it is supposed to go away after 3, but I think that it was more related to nerves and stress than anything else). I hate throwing up, more than just about anything in the world, so this is a particularly keen punishment on the part of the gods: drill my teeth with no anesthesia, break my clavicle, destroy my acl, dislocate my fingers one by one, slice open my flesh, I can take that, but don't make me pray to the porcelain goddess and lose control of my faculties. There is truly nothing more humiliating, or humbling, I suppose.

Now back to my huddled mass of shivers.