viernes, abril 21, 2006

Mea lista mea lista...

Things done:
1)Paid taxes: check. (ugh. big check. Don't want to think about this.)
2)Got scholarship confirmed, bought tickets for Portugal/ Madrid: End of June to middle of August. (oh no, I don't know if I can bear being away from my baby for so long, but... here goes nothing, raise a glass to self-forged independence)
3)Bought and built (ok, mom bought for me) the mosaic table that I have wanted since moving to a place where outdoor breakfasts are possible.
4) Read books (not enough, going back for more)
5) Got work accomplished for class (how? must have been a miracle, but it swings its wild arms down at me once again this week)
6) Translated a survey for professor in the education department. (I know I shouldn't take on work, but translating is so easy and fun it is like taking candy from a baby, ok, wrong metaphor, babies like candy a good deal more than one would think, and for a five page survey, over $300 for a little over an hour of work seems silly to pass up, especially when tix to Europe in summer are wicked expensive!)
7) Failed Jenny miserably in her last minute dissertation sprint, ok, not miserably, and the excuse was...
8) Went to the doctor, finally, and sadly will now have to undergo a slew of pricking and prodding and peeing excercise, (including ultrasound - bleh) but perhaps may be closer to an answer?? Who knows.
9) Found out about a bilingual school in the area to which I may send the girl-child, after I visit with the principal, that is.

Still to go:
One large looming exam.

Still large.

Still looming.

One book closer.

Many trivial details slipping through the sieve that is my brain. Daily. Ugh. Must end this misery. Must end. Must...

2 Comments:

Blogger Floriella said...

Sounds like you got a great deal done. Scholarship to Portugal? Sounds like fun!

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger ilana said...

Totally not enough work, never enough work done. But yeah, I am super psyched about tramping about Europe alone this summer. Still haven't decided where and how I will spend my last two weeks.

12:19 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home