martes, julio 05, 2005

Ok, this is too much!

Social appropriateness has been a theme of concern for me lately, no, not so much my own (though some may beg to differ) but I.'s. She is charming, of course, and the whole breast fetish thing and not sleeping in her own bed have grown a bit old, but I draw the line when someone else's walks up to me on the sidewalk and grabs both breasts...

It isn't often that non-family members (or anyone for that matter, aside from the aforementioned duende) take hold of one's bosom and squeeze, in fact, I am happy to say that until today, all such fondling has been entirely voluntary, no, I have never suffered a random squeeze-and-run though I know quite a few women who have... (all unwanted attention has been limited to lude remarks and penetrating stares, well, except for... but that's for another time and place). 5-year-old Soleil walks up to me, after remarking that I. is still at school (of course I am pacing out front because her daddy was supposed to get her, and my cell has no reception for some reason) and reaches up squeezing with both little hands, "I like your chi-chis," she says smiling. I try to demurely back up without traumatizing her, but her hands shoot back up. After which her mother runs up behind to apologize profusely. And my response is the same as it was for my family the other day about the very old and very ridiculous half-time scandal... "Hey, they're just boobs." No biggie, I have my own, I know the deal, and I am not really bothered by this, perplexed and vaguely amused, to be sure. I guess the soft black sweater that I got with Jenny is more inviting than I imagined.