domingo, diciembre 26, 2004

The best laid plans...

Grrrrrrr. (shake fist in air in general threat to no-one in particular)

We were supposed to go to the movies today. We were going to ditch the nena with Alison and go see "La mala educación" since its NC-17 rating absolutely precludes us from dragging her in with us to watch a "grown-up" movie. She's not too keen on those anyway, and as a side-bar, I discovered that in addition to the "grown-up" film festival coming soon, there is a kid's film-festival in April. I. has already made me promise to take her.

The plan was perfect, we were showered and ready to go, small person dressed and shod... and then Miguel's wallet was nowhere to be found. We looked and looked and turned the house upside down... no not literally... and nothing. Fuck. Once again, I had to call to cancel all of our fucking credit cards. Yes, this seems to happen once a year, I am so embarassed, but at least it wasn't me... and at least I didn't have to make the mad phone calls from el Puerto de Veracruz like the last time.

So instead we went to Alison's and drank red wine and ate a marvelous mushroom barley soup, and listened to Neil Young... and then the girls went out for café on State Street.

Tonight is officially my last night of vacation, so I better stop this writing business and read my last pleasure novel.